From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to nail the order of modules loaded
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 07:07:06
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a box that serves as a firewall and thus has different NICs.
4 However when booting I run into a problem:
5
6 One of the NICs needs the de4x5 driver another the tulip one. Udev
7 loads tulip first, which then tries to claim the card the needs de4x5
8 but this does not work. So I have to manually set things straight after-
9 wards. Is there a way to force it to first load de4x5 and then tulip?
10 /etc/modules.autoload.d seems to be used too late.
11
12 Regards,
13
14 Konstantin
15 --
16 Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@×××××××.de
17 Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
19 "Captain, this ship will not survive the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres