From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge sync question
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:30:27
1 On Monday 19 September 2005 09:54, Pawe³ Madej wrote:
2 > i'm going to setup server machine on Gentoo Linux and my question is if
3 > it is possible to mask portage categories which i won't to update such
4 > as whole X apps games desktop utils and so on ... which I'll never
5 > install and use on this server.
6 >
7 > This will make faster syncing and rebuilding portage cache.
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance for any answer.
10
11 gimli ~ # grep RSYNC_EXCLUDE /etc/make.conf
12 # RSYNC_EXCLUDEFROM is a file that portage will pass to rsync when it updates
13 #RSYNC_EXCLUDEFROM=/etc/portage/rsync_excludes
16 Mike Williams
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list