From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vanishing tab bar in Firefox
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 03:05:26
1 On 24/8/21 10:59 pm, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Friday, 20 August 2021 17:26:15 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >> On Saturday, 7 August 2021 10:45:26 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >>> Hello list,
5 >>>
6
7 [snip]
10 > Spoke too soon. It's back again, and it's more stubborn this time. I really
11 > don't want to keep zapping my Firefox directory and setting it up all over
12 > again, especially as I don't understand what's going wrong. Any crumbs of
13 > advice or experience, anyone?
16 As the Firefox dir is all text files, I think, when you blow it away
17 and rebuild and get the correct behaviour, grab a copy. When the dodgy
18 behaviour returns diff the copy, with the good behaviour, against the
19 current dir, with the dodgy behaviour, and see what's changed. That may
20 lead to an indication of what's being naughty.
21
22 I have a recollection of doing this in the past to track down a problem.
23
24 Andrew