From: Statux <statux@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BOINC and https
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:15:08
1 Unmerge the BOINC from portage and download/manually install it from the
2 site. The version in portage is very old and for some reason, it hasn't
3 been updated. I had the same problem with the same project until I
4 upgraded to 5.2.13. I contacted the project and they confirmed that the
5 old versions don't work at all. I guess they have some kind of
6 restriction with old versions. As soon as I did the upgrade, everything
7 worked perfectly. I haven't had a problem for over a month.
8