From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why does firefox always do DNS query for www.gentoo.org?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:00:37
1 On Tuesday 29 January 2008, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 12:31:19PM +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 29 January 2008, Shaochun Wang wrote:
4 > > > Currently, I find that firefox always try to a dns query for
5 > > > www.gentoo.org when it starts. I don't know the reason.
6 > >
7 > > Could it be you made it its startup page?
8 >
9 > When I emerge a new version of firefox, it always loads that page the
10 > first time it runs; it annoys me too. But it only happens to me the
11 > first start after a new build.
12
13 It used to be the case that FF would search in advance for the Google or
14 whichever search engine of choice you have selected (on the top RH search
15 window) by prefetching some relevant pages. Could this have something to do
16 with your case? Other than that my guess is that you have setup Gentoo in
17 some place within FF, or one of its extensions and it loads, or prefetches
18 the page in question. A search through its config might help.
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick