From: "Hans Müller" <mcbeagle@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble with locale and ca-certificates
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 16:43:47
1 Am Freitag, 2. September 2011, 08:19:59 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
2 > On one machine an emerge of ca-certificates complains that my locale is
3 > bad (details below). In particular it asserts that filesystem encoding
4 > is ANSI_X3.4-1968.
5 >
6 > I followed the localization guide; now my locale seems right (although
7 > filesystem encoding is not mentioned).
8 >
9 > allan env.d # locale; locale -a
10 > LANG=en_US.UTF-8
11 > LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
12 > LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
13 > LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
14 > LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
15 > LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
16 > LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
17 > LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
18 > LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
19 > LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
20 > LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
21 > LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
22 > LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
23 > LC_ALL=
24 > C
25 > en_US
26 > en_US.iso88591
27 > en_US.utf8
28 > POSIX
29 > allan env.d #
30 >
31 > Nonetheless I still get the complaints with ca-certificates.
32 > Any help would be appreciated.
33 > thanks,
34 > allan
35
36 Hi,
37
38 did you try to set LC_CTYPE (and perhaps the others also) to 'en_US.utf8'?
39
40 Regards