From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev or Gentoo issue?
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 10:08:43
1 On Sat, 17 May 2014 08:15:19 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > AFAIR you ned to install ifplugd, but not configure or run it. openrc
4 > > uses it to determine if a cable is plugged in and delay setting up the
5 > > interface if there is none.
6 >
7 > That's how I have been doing it, using ifplugd to monitor the presence
8 > of a link, but seem to recall that there is/was a netifrc-way of
9 > managing which network interface comes up at boot.
10
11 I'm not saying you should use ifplugd, only that you should install it so
12 that openrc can use it.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "Energize!" said Picard and the pink bunny appeared...