From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What the devil?!! [or Plasma teething problems Ia.]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 09:15:06
1 On Monday, 24 June 2019 21:19:09 BST Mick wrote:
2 > Can someone please explain how the removal of the 'wireless' USE flag from
3 > powerdevil ends up with no buttons for Suspend-to-RAM, Hibernation, Reboot
4 > or Shutdown under the Leave tab of the KMenu?
5
6 It doesn't, by itself. I have -wireless set on powerdevil and I have Reboot
7 and Shutdown buttons.
8
9 > What does wireless have to do with those functions which should work
10 > regardless?
11
12 Nothing, one hopes.
13
14 > Also, the sddm DM shutdown/reboot buttons now do not work. O_O
15 >
16 > Is Plasma/KDE trying to emulate the inflexibility of Gnome? (no flamewar
17 > intended please).
18
19 It seems that you're a victim of the hopelessly reticulate interactions among
20 plasma components. As I said a minute ago, finding myself similarly afflicted,
21 I just had to cut the Gordian knot and start again. (Sorry - a bit of verbal
22 diarrhoea there.)
25 Regards,
26 Peter.