From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error message on kde startup
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:37:09
1 On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:02:10 +0000, Paul wrote:
2
3 > Recently I had to update about 24 packages, all went well and any
4
5 It might help if you told us which packages.
6
7 > config files were updated. However, I now have a problem when kde
8 > starts, I get an error-kdesktop message saying "The KDE Mediamanager is
9 > not running" In the control Centre - Service Manager under startup
10 > Services the KDED Media Manager has a status of Not Running. If I try
11 > to start it manually I just get a message saying Unable to start
12 > service.
13
14 You probably emerged versions of hal and dbus that are incompatible with
15 your KDE. KDE 3.4 needs hal <0.5, KDE 3.5 needs hal >=0.5.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Genius is 99% inspiration and 2% arithmetic