From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.5 update/old kernel+old fglrx
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:52:12
1 On 06/25/2009 04:27 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 >> I thought emerge xf86-video-ati, then swapping Driver "flgrx" to Driver "radeon" in xorg.conf was all that is required??
3 >
4 > No, I need a new kernel also. The kernel on this machine is 2 years
5 > old. Also, I have about a dozen packages masked so I've unmasked those
6 > and will need to get the whole machine up to date.
7 >
8 > None the less I'm happy to do it if there's any chance it will work.
9
10 If it works, better make sure you keep the system up to date. Gentoo
11 will bark and bite you at some point if you don't; I'm sure you figured
12 that out by now :P