From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:41:18
1 On Tuesday 29 June 2010 15:38:05 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:23:48 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
3 > > I tried chromium once, about half a year ago, but it crashed instantly.
4 > > Emerging it again. But I like Konqueror very much. It has problems with
5 > > some web sites, for those I use Firefox. I am missing some of Firefox'
6 > > plugins, and it works much better with the new flash, but over all I
7 > > like Konqueror's behaviour better.
8 >
9 > I used to be a big Konqueror fan until about six months ago. Then I
10 > tried Chromium and was blown away by its speed and the way it works on
11 > more sites. I do miss some of the integration of Konqueror and its
12 > kio-slaves and still use it for non-web duties. When the inevitable
13 > feature creep hits Chromium and it slows down, can see myself going back
14 > to Konqueror.
15
16 I tried Chromium six months ago and it was not crashing, but couldn't really
17 tell the difference in speed from Opera for most sites. In terms of
18 performance it is Opera, FF, Konqueror here, with Konqueror not managing some
19 Javascripts at all.
20
21 Alex, have you tried turning off the Nepomuke service? I see in one of your
22 screenshots that you are having problems with it (segfaults).
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick