From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] identical drives, different free space!
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:19:00
1 On Tuesday 18 May 2010 12:59:28 William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 11:30 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > My setup does exactly the same, since squid is running on the same
5 > > box.
6 >
7 > How have you configured it? - I wouldn't have though squid suitable
8 > considering its designed for a different purpose and so regularly
9 > expires items in its cache (i.e., they will be available for a
10 > limited time before being cleaned.) If you extend max_age, then it
11 > becomes unsuitable as a regular web proxy/cache unless you are
12 > running multiple instances. There are posts saying that squid
13 > doesnt work well with portage but other than a high miss rate
14 > (possibly because the files expired?), no details are given.
15
16 In view of what you say, maybe I ought to look into http-replicator. I
17 have noticed some quite large files being fetched when I thought they
18 ought already to be in squid's cache.
21 Rgds
22 Peter.