From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd: incorrect behavior when doing poweroff/reboot
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 12:04:50
1 On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 6:44 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'd be 100% sure this is a systemd bug except that the problem is so
3 > obvious and (I think) so common that I can't believe I'm the only
4 > systemd user seeing it:
5 >
6 > I routinely share /usr/portage over NFS between several gentoo boxes
7 > on my wireless network. When I poweroff or reboot the NFS client
8 > machines, systemd tears down the wireless connection *before* it
9 > unmounts the /usr/portage share, and so the umount command hangs and
10 > the machine won't shut down.
11 >
12 > I'd think people that hang out in this list must do the same thing,
13 > surely? No one else here running into this silly problem?
16 Log a bug. systemd is very new, and if you have a somewhat-unusual
17 configuration (nfs over wifi, for example) it is entirely possible
18 that nobody has noticed a bug like this. I was having issues with an
19 nfs root with dracut+systemd and I found the maintainers of both very
20 interested in bug reports and testing.
21
22 It seems likely that a dependency is unspecified somewhere.
23
24 As far as whether the bug is in systemd or dracut, if you have systemd
25 enabled on dracut then dracut will be running systemd anyway, so the
26 config issue will get you either way.
29 Rich