From: Elmar Hinz <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LINGUAS
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:54:00
1 2010/8/19 Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>:
2 >> On the other hand LINGUAS is still a general variable AFAIK and not
3 >> portage specific.
4 >
5 > LINGUAS is strictly portage-specific.
6
7 Really?
8
9 Researching the web I understand it origins from gettext and portage
10 has implemented it. If I understand right, it would still matter if
11 you compile something without portage.
12
13 But is the following generalization correct?
14
15 * LINGUAS is the compile time setting (for multiple languages)
16 * LANG is the runtime setting (for the current language).
17
18 Al