From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adding Linux clients to samba primary domain controller
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:40:05
1 On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 02:03:52PM +0200, Ryan Viljoen wrote:
2 > I am currently helping out my old high school. They have just got some "new"
3 > pc's and they are wanting to run a dual boot setup on them with windows 2k
4 > and gentoo. The profile and home directories are all on a server and are
5 > mounted once the user has logged on and authenticated... nothing out of the
6 > ordinary there.
7 >
8 > Now how does one do the same thing with a linux client ie: the user log in
9 > is authenticated on the server and once that is done their home directory is
10 > mounted on the client for them?
13 how many clients? AFAIK, on the linux computers in my department in a
14 university just has a file server, which gets mounted by every linux
15 box as NFS, and /home/user is just a link to /mountpoint/user
16
17 I've never administered a large network before, so I don't know how
18 relevant this information is, but the above solution seems to work for
19 our department and supports about 500 people, 150 machines or so.
20
21 W
22 --
23 News headline:
24 The man who fell into an upholstery machine was fully recovered.
25 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 43 days, 17:35
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list