From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: wpa_supplicant.conf incongruity
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 16:44:14
1 On Wednesday, 19 June 2019 19:41:08 BST Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2019-06-19 10:32, Mick wrote:
3 > > Having read the above and more in the example file, I thought the way
4 > > to define a GROUP would be to just add a single directive, e.g.:
5 > >
6 > > GROUP=users
7 >
8 > I remember doing just this some time ago and it worked. I think this is
9 > a case of the code leaving the documentation in dust.
10
11 Thanks Ian, it's probably just that and the docs need updating.
12
13 While working with the same wireless USB dongle I noticed its MAC address
14 changes randomly, (almost) every time restart it. I can't recall what setting
15 (kernel or wpa_supplicant) may be causing this. Although this is good for
16 anonymity, it messes up my WAP access control list ...
17
18 Any idea what setting generates random MAC addresses?
21 Regards,
22 Mick