From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Are those "green" drives any good?
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 11:49:24
1 On 2012-05-09 4:47 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > As some know, I'm planning to buy me a LARGE hard drive to put all my
3 > videos on, eventually. The prices are coming down now. I keep seeing
4 > these "green" drives that are made by just about every company nowadays.
5 > When comparing them to a non "green" drive, do they hold up as good?
6
7 As long as you don't use them in any kind of RAID setup you they should
8 be fine.
9
10 The biggest difference between them and 'enterprise' class drives is the
11 enterprise class drives are designed for multi-drive RAID setups... you
12 don't want drives to spin down independently when working in a RAID setup...