From: "Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blocked packages both required by the system sys-apps/openrc vs. sys-apps/net-tools?
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 20:27:34
1 Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
4 > >
5 > > I just emerged --sync and now when I try to update world, I get this
6 > > conflict: [...]
7 >
8 > I had the same problem. Since openrc was not in my world file (pulled in
9 > automatically), it was not scheduled for update. The solution was to use
10 > "emerge -Duv world" including "deep" dependencies. This caused updating
11 > net-tools and openrc at the *same* time without any errors.
12
13 Indeed, I was doing emerge --update expecting the behavior of
14 emerge -Du. The later works much better.
17 Thank you (and all others who replied).
18 --
19 __Pascal Bourguignon__ http://www.informatimago.com/
20 A bad day in () is better than a good day in {}.