From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unstable glib pulled down, but why?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:26:20
1 On Sunday 29 June 2008, b.n. wrote:
2 > By the way: I find the fact "emerge -pv" just fails in those cases
3 > extremly annoying. Shoudn't it report the error, skip offending
4 > packages but let me see what can be happily merged independently of
5 > that?
6
7 Seems a reasonable question, but will be almost impossible to implement,
8 as how would you define a package that can "be happily merged
9 independently" of a blocking package?
10
11 portage is software, it isn't intelligent so it doesn't know how to
12 answer that. I admit it's annoying though.
15 Alan McKinnon
16 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list