From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dell laptop install fail
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:04:39
1 On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:34:02 +1000
2 Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > Much like http://bugs.gentoo.org/26150 the ia64 boot cd is not recognised and the bios falls through to boot the hard disk. Knoppix boots fine, but if i were to try to install from 32 bit knoppix it will fail as soon as I chroot as i would then be attempting to run 64 bit binaries from the stage3 tarball using the 32 bit knoppix kernel. Do i understand that correctly? And if so, what are my options for installing 64 bit gentoo?
5 >
6 > tnx
7
8 ia64 is an arch for Intel Itanium server processors, a laptop should
9 have amd64-compatible processor, so just try this one.
12 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net