From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X USE flag
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:45:06
1 On Monday 30 October 2006 14:04, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Ok, that's explains what's happening.
3 >
4 > But now I have to recompile something on the order of 60 - 70 packages
5 > with a new USE flag which is apparently not used anywhere (and is
6 > simply an artifact of an inherit) (I checked some of the ebuilds, not
7 > all, and none so far use that flag directly). I'll even predict money
8 > that the new binaries are identical to the old ones.
9 >
10 > Forgive my saying this, but that is a stupendous waste of my cpu cycles
11 > and time. A better solution must exist - if this moves to arch
12 > unchanged the gentoo user base will go ballistic
13
14 I'd wait hold off on --newuse for a day or two if I were you...
15
16 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/43805
19 Bo Andresen