From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What is the correct version of ncurses on ~amd64 now?
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 21:13:32
1 I ask this strange question because this (badly broken) machine once
2 again flipped between 6.0 and 6.0-r1 after rsyncing this morning.
3
4 First, it emerged 6.0, which turned out to be almost catastrophic
5 because the qmerge phase of the emerge failed (although it claimed
6 success afterwards) and deleted the entire /usr/share/terminfo
7 subdirectory. That was fun, but I won't bore you with the details.
8 (The ncurses-6.0 files in /lib64 are dated August 28, BTW.)
9
10 Right now emerge tries to install ncurses-6.0-r1 but the 32-bit part of
11 the build fails because emerge never ran make in the work/cross/progs
12 directory, and so the 32-bit tools didn't get compiled.
13
14 I hacked around this by running make in that directory manually, which
15 allowed the ebuild install and ebuild package phases to succeed.
16
17 Now I have an ncurses-6.0-r1 binary package available but I'm too scared
18 to install it because I might need to kill myself afterwards :/
19
20 Any suggestions before I take the plunge? Is ncurses-6.0-r1 the right
21 version as of today, Aug 31?
22
23 Thanks.