From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Firefox & ALSA
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 14:51:34
1 Hi all,
2 As mentioned in a few emails in the last couple of days, I had a
3 machine fail so I've taken the disks and attempted to put them into a
4 new AMD Ryzen machine. After a fiddle around with the Sysrescue CD and a
5 kernel rebuild, I got the machine booting.
6
7 Sound was a bit of a problem but eventually I had VLC making noise
8 again. Firefox/youtube is another matter. Before the older machine
9 failed, Youtube, within Firefox, made noise. Now, in the new machine it
10 does not. I have not updated Firefox or ALSA since the rebuild. I
11 haven't updated this machine in ages, so Firefox is currently sitting at
12 V56, installed 27/10/17.
13
14 Does anyone know of a reason why this would happen?
15
16 Andrew