From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smartctl: target a signle disk of a scsi raid array, not the raid array?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:13:28
1 On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, fire-eyes wrote:
2
3 > How do I use smartctl (smartmontools) on a single disk in a scsi raid
4 > array? I've done it before, I just forget how. /dev/sda is the entire
5 > array, not an individual "disk".
6
7 You have hardware RAID right? I think 3Ware is one of the RAID controllers
8 that smartctl can query "through" and access the disks directly - I dont
9 know what other brands it can work through this way. (Maybe ask on the
10 smartmontools mailing list?).
11
12 Some RAID controllers have Linux utilities available that allow you to
13 control the card or access the disks from the command-line - check with
14 your card manufacturer.
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list