From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 15:56:29
1 On 2013-08-27 9:03 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > It's a small image (<100M compressed), so just keep a copy handy
3 > somewhere and reflash. The GUI has a function where you can backup the
4 > running config, a restore is a simple matter of click restore in the GUI
5 >
6 > The USBstick/CF card you boot off will keep a copy of the current image
7 > and one version back (i.e. the one the current one replaced), so you can
8 > boot the old system by pressing F2 if the new one fails for some weird
9 > reason.
10
11 Crazy question...
12
13 Wondering of I could run this in a VM on my ESXi server?
14
15 Purpose would be threefold...
16
17 hosting windows user homes and roaming profiles
18
19 hosting alternate email storage for dovecot (for mail archival)
20
21 hosting email backups (rsync)
22
23 hmm.... maybe I could even make it primary mail storage?
24
25 Have to give this some thought...