From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --info
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 02:52:50
1 On 12/05/2017 09:31 PM, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > Does the output reflect;
3 > 1. What will be used for the next build
4 > 2. What was used on the last successful build
5 > 3. What was used on the last build attempt
6 >
7 > If its 1 or 3, then USE=custom-cflags does not work on firefox...
8
9 Portage initializes everything, reads your make.conf, applies the
10 profile variables, etc. in the order that they would be used for any
11 other "emerge ..." action, and then it dumps everything to the screen.
12 So it's "what will be used for the next build, if nothing changes
13 between now and then."
14
15 Firefox is very finicky about CFLAGS. That's the only reason we have
16 USE=custom-cflags in the first place; otherwise, we always try to
17 respect them.