From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [way OT]network drivers for windows xp guest in vmware player?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:15:56
1 On 1/14/07, b.n. <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > The problem is, Windows complains the ethernet card has no drivers, so
3 > it refuses to connect.
4
5 My guess is that your network card is configured for the vmware
6 "vmxnet" adapter (rather than the pcnet32-compatible) in the .vmx
7 file. This requires a vmware-supplied driver, usually installed by
8 installing vmware-tools in the guest OS. I'm not sure how you do that
9 with player. You could try temporarily installing/configuring
10 vmware-server, which would let you do this. Or you could try
11 something like [1].
12
13 -Richard
14