From: "Andrzej Styczeń" <styczen_andrzej@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with installation kde-meta, gnome
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:17:13
1 On Thursday 18 of February 2010 15:11:16 Arttu V. wrote:
2
3 > I'm guessing you're stuck with one or more of the regular USE-flag
4 > related circular deps problems: cups, ldap, sasl, kerberos, rle and
5 > what are there (and apparently now I have to add qt4 into the mix as
6 > well). Do you happen to have any of these enabled?
7 >
8 > I keep running into them with each and every new desktop system
9 > install. Yes, I'm a greedy pig when it comes to USE flags, I enable
10 > most (if not everything) -- and then keep banging my head on many,
11 > many of these circular deps. Each of those needs a separate emerge
12 > (like the one Neil gave as an example for cmake) to break the cycles
13 > in the dependency tree.
14
15 I'm very sorry to unable answer you. I could not wait such long, because I
16 must use my laptop in work, so I install Debian back yesterday :-(. I will
17 try Gentoo amd64 when I finish my work on Debian.
18
19 I also try Gentoo on my desktop i386 at home and there the installation went
20 very well with kde-meta. There aren't any problems with installation kde-meta
21 (emerge kde-meta).
22
23 On my laptop (amd64) and home computer (i386) I only put these flags what
24 emerge want during the installation. I do not add any other, because I quite
25 newbie to Gentoo (and I don't know what I should put there). As I mention
26 earlier on my home computer (i386) everything go well :-), but on amd64
27 not :-( - maybe next time will be better. Anyway I have only such problems
28 with amd64 to install kde-meta or maybe anyone else?
29
30 Thank you for your help and time.
31
32 Best wishes,