From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 07:57:39
1 On Saturday 03 Sep 2011 01:05:33 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 17:28:21 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > At the moment I'm using claws and it seems quite fine. It has it's
4 > > funnies (mostly just different behaviour from kmail actually) so I need
5 > > to rewire my brain a bit.
6 >
7 > I *really* like Claws Mail, I never liked KMail. In fact, removing KDEPIM
8 > is the best way to improve KDE.
9
10 Interesting! With me it has been the opposite. I didn't make a list of the
11 things that really bothered me with Claws, but after a dozen use cases of me
12 saying "why can't Claws behave like Kmail?" I gave up and went back to Kmail
13 ...
16 > I'm so glad I ditched KMail before akonadi and friends came along.
17
18 Akonadi and all the bloatware that came with KDE4 has been a major
19 disappointment and cause of annoyance for me. Thankfully, after some initial
20 teething problems with sqlite (I don't use mysql on my laptop) akonadi has not
21 given me any trouble - but I am worried about what is coming when reading
22 Alan's experience!
23
24 Have I understood this correctly that Kmail2 will no longer store messages in
25 conventional maildir files and it will all be stored in database tables?
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick