From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] power button to shutdown for openrc?
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 13:55:06
1 On 11/16/19 13:50, Mick wrote:
2 > It is not simply a matter of different names, but of different binaries. As
3 > far as I understand it, the /sbin/init of sys-apps/sysvinit is used by openrc
4 > unless you have modified your system to use openrc-init (a different binary to
5 > /sbin/init) as explained here:
6 >
7 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenRC/openrc-init
8 >
9 > I may have this wrong of course, but hopefully a more learned participant will
10 > chime in soon to explain it better to us. :-)
11 >
12 oh, no, I read it wrong.  In the case of openrc-init it invokes
13 openrc-shutdown,
14 otherwise it invokes the normal init.  So, I'm back to square 1