From: Shinkan <shinkan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Emerge with --root option : users not created
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:09:09
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I wanted to submit this as a bug on bugzilla, but I must be sure there is
4 nothing that I miss.
5
6 Let's say I have a /target dir.
7 If I do 'emerge --root=/target <someport>' (cross-emerge), and that
8 <someport> is supposed to create users (like vixie-cron, clamav or many
9 others), users are not created on /target. I can verify that by chrooting on
10 /target and making something that requires this user (such as launching
11 clamd for clamav), or simply by looking at /target/etc/passwd to see that
12 there's no expected users.
13
14 Am I missing somethings or is this really a bug ?
15
16 Thanks in advance.
19 Pierre.
20 "Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I
21 wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice." -
22 Bill Watterson