From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: capturing emerge output
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 23:18:30
1 On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 23:01:44 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > > Set PORT_LOGDIR in make.conf. This is not the same as the ELOG
4 > > settings, it logs the entire output from the ebuild.
5 >
6 > This sound workable. If I don't want something logged, just comment
7 > out the PORT_LGDIR in make.conf, or is there a way on the Command line
8 > to toggle this on and off, without manually editing the file?
9
10 PORT_LOGDIR="" emerge something?
11
12 > I assume there is a unique log file for each separate ebuild.
13
14 There is, the format is documented in man make.conf
15
16 > Where do I read up on PORTDIR (documentation) referred to in
17 > man make.conf ?
18
19 PORTDIR is *very* different from PORT_LOGDIR, but both are documented on
20 man make.conf.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 WinErr 013: Unexpected error - Huh ?