From: Michael Mathurin <angelfly91@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] requirements for a gentoo wlan accesspoint
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:15:41
1 Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Hi people!
4 > I want to make my linux machine being a wlan access point for my other
5 > components like Notebook, Cell phone etc...
8 > Now the big question, what do I need to accomplish this?!
9 >
10 > like a wlan router where I would get a WPA2 key, I want the linux
11 > machine to act as a wlan router who offers WPA2 encrpytion.
14 > for any response I would thank you.
18 > Tamer
21 http://sylv1.tuxfamily.org/projects/tutorial-wpa2-access-point.html
22
23 That should get you started. Configuring hostapd and dhcp are the main
24 things you need to do as well as having a card that supports master
25 mode. Hope that helps.
28 t: https://www.twitter.com/mikankun
29 b: http://mikankun.wordpress.com