From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Update to newer kernel completely hoses suspend
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 16:30:31
1 Well, it turns out it was my PSU. The voltage drop on the 5V line was
2 4.08, but it would slowly warm up to 4.95V, then the PC would behave
3 normally. I opened the PSU and there was a ruptured cap.
4
5 I've replaced it and the problems are all gone.
6
7 I guess it was not really a coincidence that the failure happened after
8 a major update. This isn't the first time an `emerge -pvuDN world`
9 killed my computer. :-)
10
11 Dan
12