From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Emerge --sync fails on excluded stuff
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 21:11:04
1 On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 16:13:35 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > > > You can also add "sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest = no" to the
4 > > > > gentoo entry in /etc/portage/repos.conf - I use this when syncing
5 > > > > from a local mirror.
6 > > > >
7 > > > That looks easier, but... /etc/portage/repos.conf is a directory
8 > > > on my
9 > > >
10 > > > system.
11 > >
12 > > That's right, and in there is an entry for the gentoo repo, edit it.
13 > >
14 > > Most files in /etc/portage can be directories, although some utilities
15 > > get confused if make.conf is, portage just considers the contents as a
16 > > single file.
17 >
18 > I'm also using a local mirror to avoid loading the public gentoo
19 > mirrors with multiple requests from my machines and have not yet had a
20 > problem with portage verification in the client machines ... :-/
21 >
22 > What am I doing wrong? :-)
23
24 Nothing, at least not in this respect ;-)
25
26 The verification doesn't cause a problem with a local mirror, it is just
27 unnecessary. The computer hosting the mirror verifies each sync, doing
28 so again is a waste of time. If someone were to gain root access to the
29 mirror host, a corrupted portage tree would be the least of my
30 worries :-O
34 Neil Bothwick
35
36 I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full
37 house and four people died.