From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware workstation 5.0 upgrade
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:34:37
1 On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 04:04:06 -0700, Grant wrote:
2
3 > Hello, I've purchased vmware workstation 4.5 and gentoo wants to
4 > upgrade it to 5.0. If I go ahead with that emerge will I be able to
5 > use the upgraded product with my 4.5 license?
6
7 No, unless you are entitled to a free 4.x to 5.x upgrade, VMWare
8 sometimes do this when you buy the old version just before the new one is
9 released.
10
11 If not, you'll need to add ">app-emulation/vmware-workstation-5.0"
12 to /etc/portage/package.mask to stop portage trying to upgrade.
13
14 5.0 is rather nice, and the upgrade fee from 4.5 is not that great.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance from Mom.