From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Usb sound and ALSA
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:55:25
1 > Any clue? Thank you,
2
3 your device identifies itself to the kernel as human input device (HID).
4 Many manufacturers seem to like to make their devices to behave like
5 this.
6
7 On ALSA, the module snd_usb_audio is responsible to drive your card. But
8 as it already works, it seems to be loaded.
9
10 Then (as others suggested) there are some applications which allow you
11 to select the device to use (see the xmms preferences for an example).
12 Use "cat /proc/asound/cards" to see which cards are present on your
13 system.
14
15 To make the USB card the default device, create an .asoundrc file as
16 suggested by Richard.
17
18 As I'm using various USB cards (MIDI controllers and the like), I
19 adjusted /etc/modules.d/alsa to force the same numbering at every
20 system boot. Looks like:
21
22 options snd device_mode=0666
23
24 options snd cards_limit=8
25 alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
26 alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
27 alias snd-card-1 snd-intel8x0m
28 alias snd-card-2 snd-usb-audio
29 alias snd-card-3 snd-usb-audio
30 alias snd-card-4 snd-usb-audio
31 alias snd-card-5 snd-usb-audio
32 alias snd-card-6 snd-usb-audio
33 # alias snd-card-7 snd-virmidi
34
35 options snd-intel8x0 index=0
36 options snd-intel8x0m index=1
37 options snd-usb-audio index=2,3,4,5,6
38 vid=0x0582,0x0763,0x0763,0x0582,0x0ccd
39 pid=0x0074,0x1033,0x0117,0x0009,0x0028 nrpacks=1
40
41 Didn't try it, but maybe the above block can be used to make the USB
42 card the card at position 0 (=>default card) and to move the internal
43 card to 1.
44
45 HTH,
46