From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11, $VIDEO_CARDS & binary packages
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 04:36:18
1 Am Mittwoch, 19. Juli 2006 20:20 schrieb Richard Fish:
2 > On 7/18/06, Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at> wrote:
3 > > I don't want all the drivers I don't need, nor do I want to recompile
4 > > all of xorg-x11; Is there any possibility to get around this quite odd
5 > > behaviour?
6 >
7 > Um, >=x11-base/xorg-x11-7.0 is a meta build. It is only there to
8 > depend on all of the modular X packages. Since none of those showed
9 > up, the only things that will get rebuilt by your first command is
10 > libXv and xf86-video-nv.
11 >
12 Well, I think I got the conecpt behind meta packages. My question was why do
13 I get a different content of the VIDEO_CARDS-variable when I specify "-k"
14 in emerge or not???
15
16 Greetings,
17 Alex