From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] preventing some IP's from from being logged in apache
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 04:22:34
1 On 1/11/21 9:15 PM, mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com wrote:
4 > --"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." Tommy Douglas
7 [snip]
8
9 >> I forgot to mention, my firewall doesn't have any capabilities to enter any configuration in IP tables.
10 >> Maybe I'll look for one that does.
11 >>
12 > That would be the thing to do.  You want everything logged, so you know what is happening.  If you blocked the logging how would you know if they made progress.  You want to know when people are trying to break in, and you want to know when their tactics change.  Not logging it is like plugging your' ears and closing your' eyes while the battering ram is pounding your' door...
15 If I blocked the IP already, why would I want to log anything about that IP; they will will be denied access regardless.