From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] preventing PC sutdown by power button when running
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 15:34:29
1 Jack wrote:
2 > On 12/10/20 11:20 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> How to prevent PC from shutdown when running when power button is
4 >> pressed?
5 >> Is it a function in a BIOS or OS?
6 > You could always unplug the wire from the power button to the
7 > motherboard.
12 I've also seen where people had two or more switches in series and they
13 all had to be pressed at the same time to power off.  I've seen people
14 do that with reset buttons too.  It's just a momentary switch and ebay
15 has them by the dozen pretty cheap.  It's effective.
16
17 But, if one wants to really disable it, your way is easiest.  It just
18 depends on how far a person wants to go with this.
19
20 Dale
21