From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB Problems
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 05:46:18
1 john wrote:
2 > On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:57:11 -0500
3 > Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> john wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 15:50:18 -0500
9 >>> Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>>> Have you looked to see if that mobo has a USB problem and a BIOS
14 >>>> update to fix it?
15 >>>>
16 >>>> Just curious.
17 >>>>
18 >>>> Dale
19 >>>>
20 >>>> :-) :-)
21 >>>>
22 >>>>
23 >>>>
24 >>> Thanks Dale,
25 >>>
26 >>> Good thinking. Will have a look. Did upgrade earlier in the year but
27 >>> will have another look.
28 >>>
29 >>>
30 >>>
31 >>>
32 >> Since the sticks work in other systems, they SHOULD be ok. Then it
33 >> becomes a hardware issue. If they work in a OS then it makes me
34 >> wonder if there is something about the BIOS itself. Maybe the BIOS
35 >> has a issue that only affects it when it is being booted from.
36 >>
37 >> Just my weird thinking.
38 >>
39 >> Dale
40 >>
41 >> :-) :-)
42 >> Thanks,
43 >>
44 > 2.6.36 works fine
45 > 2.6.38-r6/r7 panic
46 >
47 > Have noticed that using device drivers as modules allows
48 > me to boot with memory stick already inserted. This previously would not
49 > work. But the problem still occurs when stick is hot plugged.
50 >
51 > So the issue is half solved???? At least I can access memory stick. So
52 > thanks there.
53 >
54 > Will try Vanilla sources tonight and report bug to lkml.
55 >
56 > BIOS is latest standard. SO can't upgrade there
61 We know how hard it is to fix a flakey problem. It could be anything or
62 it could be the half asleep geek in the chair. That last one gets me a
63 LOT. ;-)
64
65 Dale
66