From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge firefox-52.4.0 compile failure
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 18:55:00
1 On 2017-10-08, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sunday, 8 October 2017 18:02:43 BST Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> I was afraid it might be failing RAM, but a second attempt failed in
5 >> exactly the same way. I guess I'll delete the ebuild files and the
6 >> source tarball to force a download and then try again.
7
8 Same error.
9
10 > This won't harm, although I would expect portage would complain and
11 > not run the emerge if downloads were corrupted somehow.
12
13 True, but I couldn't think of anything else to try. I'm building
14 chromium now -- it may be time to give up on firefox. It's been
15 bahaving badly on several of my systems for a while now (burning 100%
16 cpu and using up huge amounts of RAM for minutes at a time while
17 apparently doing nothing).
20 Grant