From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] broken python howto
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:15:33
1 Hi, everyone
2
3 I'm facing the following problem:
4
5 emerge "<whatever>"
8 !!! Failed to complete python imports. These are internal modules for
9 !!! python and failure here indicates that you have a problem with python
10 !!! itself and thus portage is not able to continue processing.
11
12 !!! You might consider starting python with verbose flags to see what has
13 !!! gone wrong. Here is the information we got for this exception:
14 No module named time
15
16 Traceback (most recent call last):
17 File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 28, in ?
18 import portage
19 File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 20, in ?
20 import copy, errno, os, re, shutil, string, time, types
21 ImportError: No module named time
24 How could I fix this? I found an official "howto" on recovering broken
25 portage but the problem here is with python, isn't it? I have no
26 experience with python other than using the python based tools of Gentoo
27 (such as portage itself) therefore I'm helpless.
28
29 Any ideas and/or suggestions will be much appreciated.
32 Best regards,
33 Daniel
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list