From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] broken python howto
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:15:33
Hi, everyone

I'm facing the following problem:

emerge "<whatever>"

!!! Failed to complete python imports. These are internal modules for
!!! python and failure here indicates that you have a problem with python
!!! itself and thus portage is not able to continue processing.

!!! You might consider starting python with verbose flags to see what has
!!! gone wrong. Here is the information we got for this exception:
    No module named time

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 28, in ?
    import portage
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 20, in ?
    import copy, errno, os, re, shutil, string, time, types
ImportError: No module named time

How could I fix this? I found an official "howto" on recovering broken
portage but the problem here is with python, isn't it? I have no
experience with python other than using the python based tools of Gentoo
(such as portage itself) therefore I'm helpless.

Any ideas and/or suggestions will be much appreciated.

--
Best regards,
Daniel