From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Graphviz needs libjpeg.la
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 18:07:02
1 Daniel D Jones <ddjones <at> riddlemaster.org> writes:
4 > media-gfx/graphviz-2.26.3-r2 fails to compile because:
5
6 try this and then study the results for clues:
7 equery depgraph --depth=1 graphviz
8 <search for pkgs one level deep
9 < that graphviz needs to compile
10
11 > I've reemerged jpeg, run revdep-rebuild, etc. I've scoured the web and found
12 > a number of issues and bugs related to the libjpeg.la file but none of them
13 > offer a solution which works for me. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
14
15 First you have to use the tools, such as equery to discern
16 hints as to your compilation issue(s).
17
18 Then try things like this:
19 emerge dev-util/lafilefixer ; lafilefixer --justfixit
20 revdep-rebuild -- --keep-going
21
22 Lafilefixer is on the way to being deprecated so
23 make sure you have recently sync the system and performed
24 updates to all of your software.
25
26 Other times package get orphaned and leave fragments of files
27 around. Read up on eclean.
28
29 [1] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Gentoo_maintenance
30