From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo and a Mobile Phone
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 17:13:48
1 Am 16.05.2011 15:39, schrieb dhkuhl@×××××××××.net:
2 > I have an Optimus V 3G mobile phone. When I connect it to my Gentoo box
3 > with the usb cable, and turn on usb storage, I get the following message
4 > in a pop-up box.
5 >
6 > Unable to mount 2.0 GB Filesystem
7 > Not Authorized
8 >
9 > Should I make the device rwx for all, make a udev rule, or do something
10 > else? The problem is depending on what's plugged in, it may not always
11 > be /dev/sdb . Also, what applications are out there that can interact
12 > with the device? One of the first things I'd like to do is backup and
13 > edit my contacts on the Gentoo box and sync it to the phone.
14 >
15 > Thanks,
16 >
17 > dhk
21 What permissions are currently set? Maybe you just need to add your user
22 to another group (plugdev?).
23
24 I guess normal USB sticks work?
25