From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] archiving
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 07:40:02
1 On 05 January 2007 08:56, James Lockie wrote:
2 > Randy Barlow wrote:
3 > > On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 21:47 -0500, James Lockie wrote:
4 > >> Compressing a folder doesn't work.
5 > >>
6 > >> When I right click on a folder in konqueror and select compress, a
7 > >> "please wait" dialog opens and the progress bar just moves back and
8 > >> forth. It is like it is in an infinite loop so end up cancelling.
9 > >> I've tried zip and tar.bz2
10 > >
11 > > Have you tried compressing it from a shell using either tar or gzip, or
12 > > zip?
13 >
14 > I tried the same user, same file, same outpu place and it worked fine.
15 > Something is wrong with KDE. :-(
16
17 Well, mine (3.5.5) doesn't do that.
18
19 Uwe
22 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
23 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
24 Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE:
25 http://www.SysEx.com.na/epat-0.1.tar.bz2
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list