From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Would emerge --sync remove old profiles?
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 19:56:45
1 On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 > > I log in and want
5 > > to figure out what's in front of me with respect to updates. I type
6 > > emerge sync and portage deletes files. to me that's just wrong.
10 > What the heck are you talking about? "emerge --sync" doesn't delete ANY
11 > files from your system.
14 This whole thread, from my original subject line on, has been saying
15 that emerge --sync removes profiles. Does it or not?
16
17 On this specific machine following emerge --sync the link
18 /etc/make.profile was pointing at nothing. I originally asked if it
19 was removed by emerge --sync or whether it had just gotten messed up.
20 Everyone seemed to reply that emerge --sync removes profiles which
21 seems to be in conflict with your last comment.
22
23 As for my earlier losing kernels and ATI drivers, that could have
24 easily been something like I cleaned out distfiles since these
25 machines don't have much disk space and then since they were removed
26 from the servers I couldn't get it any more. If it happened that way
27 then that's a problem on my end, not portage.
28
29 - Mark
30 --
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list