From: Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD configuration
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:13:00
1 On 26.11.2012 15:35, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Luis Gustavo Vilela de Oliveira writes:
3 >
4 >> Well, with 8Gb RAM, i recommend use tmpfs on PORTAGE_TMPDIR, just while
5 >> u are compiling anything.
6 >> Or even with 6Gb too.
7 >
8 > I have 16 GB, with 8GB for $PORTAGE_TMPDIR on tmpfs. There were issues
9 > with some packages having not enough space, so I have this in
10 > /etc/portage/package.env:
11 >
12 > app-office/libreoffice notmpfs.conf
13 > dev-java/icedtea notmpfs.conf
14 > games-fps/alienarena notmpfs.conf
15 > games-fps/worldofpadman notmpfs.conf
16 > games-sports/vdrift notmpfs.conf
17 > mail-client/thunderbird notmpfs.conf
18 > www-client/firefox notmpfs.conf
19 >
20 > /etc/portage/env.d/notmpfs.conf has this entry, changing PORTAGE_TMPDIR
21 > to real HDD space:
22 >
23 > PORTAGE_TMPDIR=/var/portage/tmp
24 >
25 > Most of these packages compile with 8 GB of space, but not with parallel
26 > merges, like when Thunderbird and Firefox are both being built at the
27 > same time.
28 >
29 > Alex
30
31 THANK YOU!!
32
33 You solved a problem I have been having for some time.
34
35 This should go to the "easy Gentoo tricks" thread :)
36
37 Very happy,
38 Daniel
42 PGP key @
43 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x837FB8B5BB9D4887
44 # gpg --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net 0xBB9D4887