From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] power button to shutdown for openrc? [SOLVED]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 08:44:55
1 n952162 wrote:
2 >
3 > okay, I've got ...
4 >
5 > acpid is, by default, not in the default openrc run list   [:blush:]
6 >
7 > Solution:
8 >
9 >     sudo rc-update add acpid
12 > On 11/13/19 07:48, n952162 wrote:
13 >>
14 >> I've reinstalled gentoo from the gentoo repository and now my power
15 >> button doesn't do a shutdown anymore.  What do I have to do to have
16 >> it issue a shutdown?  This is an openrc system.
17 >>
18 >> I have this, but it doesn't work:
19 >>
20 >> $ cat  /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn
21 >> event=button[ /]power.*
22 >> action=/sbin/poweroff
23 >>
24 >> On a different gentoo system I have, I have just the one line, the
25 >> action line, in that file and the power-button works fine (whether
26 >> there's causation there or not, I have no idea :-) )
27 >>
28 >> I generally do /not/ press the power button while in my window
29 >> manager, but first when I've logged off.  Since that wasn't working,
30 >> I tried inside my window manager ... I got a just a couple of lines
31 >> that looked like they came from shutdown(), but too few (couldn't
32 >> read them).
33 >>
34 >> Then, on startup, the filesystems needed fscking!!!
39 I have a related question.  If for some reason my system is locked up,
40 keyboard isn't working or something like that.  If I have acpi in
41 working order, would hitting the power button be seen or would that be
42 the same as the keyboard and not be recognized?  Anyone have experience
43 on this or read about someone who has ran into this?
44
45 Just curious but if the answer is yes, I may work on setting this up and
46 working.
47
48 Thanks.
49