From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless USB mouse via PS/2 adapter and KVM switch
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 08:51:15
1 On Saturday 28 November 2015 18:55:43 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I have a KVM witch IOGEAR that using old type PS/2 ports
3 > I've tried to connect to it Wireless USB Mouse via USB-to-PS/2 adapter.
4 >
5 > It doesn't work :-/
6
7 And your question is? :)
8
9 Anyway, about the issue you are seeing, this is, unfortunately, as expected.
10
11 When USB-mice first appeared, most computers still only had PS/2 plugs. (Some
12 even still had the older thicker round plugs)
13
14 In order to make the new USB mice to work, the USB/PS/2 adapters appeared.
15 They worked because the mouse recognized the adapter and changed the signal
16 accordingly.
17
18 The adapters don't have any fancy circuitry to translate between USB and PS/2.
21 Joost